Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Run with Me!

It's spring!

This time of year is when the blood boils through my veins and all I want to do is run.

Of course, after a winter of icy roads and viruses, by body is out of sync with my desire...but that is changing.

The last two springs, I have been fortunate enough to run with girls. Little girls. Enthusiastic, huggy, talkative and fabulous girls. I am a volunteer coach - a persuading-cheering-always-trying-to keep-up-with coach to a group of a dozen pre-teen students at the local school. We are training for the SpringFest 5k race on May 26th and we are challenged mentally, emotionally and physically, yet we always come out of it energized, happy and feeling good.

We are 6 weeks into it with 6 more weeks to go. The girls ran 1.75 miles last week and were exhausted, but proud.

It's a good feeling. I am going to go with it.

Happy running!

photo by 802



2 comments:

Hannah said...

Joyelle and I have begun a "couch potato to 5k" running schedule that I found online. So far it is going really well, and we are loving it. The Spring weather makes it so much easier to want to get out and run! I am determined to get a tan this year. Completely determined.

Elena G. said...

I think I know that training program! It seems to be a good one. I will send warm, tan thoughts your direction.