Sunday, November 20, 2011

Tiny and Squishy


I have had the utter fortune to bask in the pleasure of holding newborn babes these past few weeks.

Tiny and squishy babies.

I have loved every stage of childhood with my children, but there is something completely primal and basic about babies and the response their very presence brings out in me. Their scent is intoxicating, their skin silky and the way their tiny fingers curl around mine draws an audible and obvious squeak of pleasure from me.



My own babies are too grown up for me to poke, grab and hold in the crook of my arm, but I do still get a wonderful cuddle now and again that brings me right back to the long past days when I would fall asleep with them curled into my chest, their bodies imparting a delicious warmth on a cold night.



And their toes! I do miss baby toes.









No comments: