Monday, July 09, 2012

Cleaning up and Cleaning out!

I am now in the vice-like arms of a particular bug...the neurotic-must-clean-my-house bug.  I've adopted an 8 yard dumpster which I've filled once (and is almost full again) and have a truck load of clothes and toys to take to Salvation Army...and I still have three more rooms to clear out!

In the meantime, to keep my creative juices flowing and give myself a tangible reward beyond a less-cluttered house, I'm working on my attic room - a sweet, crooked little space off my bedroom with dreamy morning light and a cool, private staircase into the kitchen. I've been scouring pinterest and design sponge for ideas and although I'm short on cash and time, I'm determined to make this space my own before teenage goddaughter C. and her friend travel here from California for a two week home stay in Vermont.

So here's a bit of video, to give you an idea of what I'm working with:


And a few still shots:





Wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!


No comments: